The Sidcup Cycle Centre Story
Founded in the 19th Century, as Chaz F Hill, Sidcup Cycle Centre has been a part of South East London's history for 4 Generations. The Hill family started selling small radio parts & household appliances in a shop in New Cross until they decided diversify into the rapidly growing bicycle industry. By the third generation, Chaz F Hill had become Hill's Cycles - selling legendary products such as the Penny Farthing before progressing into cutting edge all steel road bikes. The shop then moved to Well Hall Road, where we sold and repaired cycles from small kids trikes to high end road bike.
Now in the fourth generation and the biggest premises yet with almost 200 years of expertise; Hill's Cycles, now Sidcup Cycle Centre, has remained in the Hill family and has continued to sell and service bikes as a family run business in Sidcup, Kent. Our team is the heart of our business and the face of our store & online experience, with high ambitions & even bigger ideas. We are always looking to hire new talent to join us in our growth and cycling adventure.
If you would like to join us send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (in PDF format only) using the email as your cover letter or alternatively, drop your printed cover letter and CV in to our store at 142-146 Station Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA15 7AB. We want to hear about which position you think would be best for you & why you want to work with us (Tell us why you love our brand!). We will always reply to any emails as quickly as possible so make sure all your contact details are there!
Part Time Graphic Designer
You will be instrumental to the success of multiple parts of our customer experience in this role, creating content that will be used across our channels from in-store to our social media and print campaigns. You will work closely with the systems and e-commerce manager and retail staff to design collateral that will communicate the Sidcup Cycle Centre brand effectively and consistently whilst also demonstrating the core aims of the graphic. You will need to understand who our consumer is and what their interests/preferences are and most importantly what engages them. This role has the opportunity to branch out into new and developing roles within our growing company - this may include system administration and complete marketing control.
The following qualities are essential in order to be a successful candidate:
- You must have creative flare. It is essential that you are able to receive a brief and design pieces that effectively and clearly communicate the point of the graphic to our target consumer in an engaging manner.
- Intermediate-advanced Mac OS X / Windows literacy is critical with experience using Adobe Photoshop being a must. We would love to see a portfolio of any previous work you may have created to a proffessional standard although this is non-essential.
- You must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced office and retail environment.
- We expect you to be articulate, have high organisational skills and good time-keeping to keep our working environment professional.
- Candidates should consider themselves to be versatile and open to exploring other more established parts of our business as well as the parts that are currently developing.
Salary will be commensurate with level of exp and negotiableWe envisage this to be a part time role & the applicant would be employed under a self employed contract.
How to Apply
If you think you are suited to this role, please email your CV (in PDF format only) to email@example.com using the email as your cover letter. Make sure that you include the role you are applying for plus what makes you suitable to fill our vacancy and why you want to be a part of our team (Tell us why you love your local bike shop!). Alternatively you can visit Sidcup Cycle Centre to drop in your cover letter and CV.
Date Posted: 19/12/16
Closing Date: 19/03/17
Equal Oppurtunities Disclaimer:
Sidcup Cycle Centre is an equal opputunities employer. We do not discriminate against any race, gender or any part of the LGBTQ+ community.